Re: [tlug] But Nano does do regex. Tate Japanese style text editing.

    David> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 09:13:39AM +0900, Micheal E Cooper
    David> wrote:

    >>> You can do "real" furigana (here called "Ruby text") too:
    >>> enable it in Format -> Page -> Text Grid.

"Ruby text" is the generic term.  "Furigana" is a specific usage of
ruby text, to indicate pronunciation.

    >> Are these features also available in the English version, or is
    >> this specific to the Japanese version?

    David> They're in the English version for sure.  (Don't know
    David> anything about the Japanese version, as I've never used
    David> it.)

Since this is a redisplay issue, I'm sure it's generic.  In general
you can assume that any format that can be displayed in one language
can be displayed in another.  Often it's undocumented, though.
Occasionally it won't even be exposed in the UI/API, but that's dumb.