Re: [tlug] [Reminder Annoucement] TLUG Technical Meeting 2005-11-12

Hello Michael,

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:03:56 +0900, Micheal E Cooper <mcooper@example.com> wrote:

I have, in the past, downloaded audio files of LUGs from some LUG in the
US (can't remember, of course... some mid-western state... no, just won't
come), and I was wondering if you might consider doing the same for this
TLUG Tech Meet. Since having the speakers write up the entire talk can be
a lot of work, recording the performance while it is in progress might be
a more hassle-free option. It would be a nice resource.

This is a good idea.  There are a few potential reasons why we may not
do it.

1) The speaker does not want to be recorded.
2) Getting audio/video equipment.
3) The potential bandwidth consumed with hosting the files.
   I will need to discuss with Tim about if OSDL will let us
   do this or not.  Not to mention disk space.

Most likely only #1 is a real stopping point.  #2 and #3 as I can
already see with Alain and Josh's enthusiasm will not be too much of a
problem.

I can make this an item to discuss during tomorrow's meeting.

Although, top posters may not get access to the files ;-)

Cheers,
Zev