Re: [tlug] Learning Emacs (was: how to keep track of one's work...another'BestPractices' question)

Josh Glover wrote:
> powerful features, like regexp search-and-replace, etc. Since you know
> vi (right? or am I mis-remembering), you might find the following
> cheat sheet helpful in the beginning:
>
> http://www.jmglov.net/unix/vi-for-emacs-users.html

Yes, I use vi or vim, even on Windows. Or was using it on Windows, before
I started experimenting with JEdit because it installs on a usb key.

Thank you for the page. It really contains all I need to get started. I
actually started out trying to learn Emacs long ago, and a yoki senpai
suggested vi 'because no matter what flavor or how old, any *nix system
has vi."

But that planner-mode is just too seductive. I will get right into Emacs
and see what happens. Thank you.