Re: [tlug] Free program translates Euro languages ....

Edward Wright <edw@example.com> spluttered out:
>> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:54:29PM +0900, Michael Smith wrote:
>> > Actually, I think one problem with most machine translation tools
>> > is that they try to be _too_ smart. Sometimes (maybe usually) I
>> > don't want or need grammar translation. I just want the source
>> > translated word-by-word. Or even morpheme-by-morpheme. [.....]
>>
>> After using Jim Breen's WWWJDIC to translate word by word for years,
>> I just discovered the "Text Word Translation" function:
>>
>> http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?9T
>>
>> Does exactly what you (and I) want. Really cool. I wonder how long
>> it's been there?

About 7-8 years   8-)}

Doesn't do too bad a job. I use it quite a bit myself. It can encourage
laziness.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554