[tlug] SuSe10, USB 2.0, Higher Resolution, etc.

First, some good news about SuSE 10.0. Installed (as a new install) on a slightly newer Dell OptiPlex than the 1999 & 2000 machines I previously mentioned (I think it's either a 2001 or a 2002 box), it came out of the install with 1024x768 instead of 800x600 resolution (that I was stuck with on that machine when using SuSE 9.3). It has mouse support (in contrast to the other upgrade install I tried), and it's working fine.

One irritant that I'm working on is how to get KDE to display "Dark Blue" the way it did a version or two back, with everything on the screen dark except for light lettering. The problem I'm having with the new version is that, even when set to "Dark Blue", the borders are a bloody light color, so the light colored characters become nearly invisible and totally illegible in many cases. Since I often work in a dark room at night, working with a dark screen produces much less eye strain. (No, turning on the lights at 2;00 a.m. isn't the answer - it's fatiguing and unhealthy.) Is there a quick way to get rid of those bloody light-colored borders?

I've begun using USB-2.0 BTW - and must say I'm quite happy to finally have USB that is fast enough to actually use for large data transfer (to an external hard drive), doing in ten minutes what took five or six hours before.

Lyle