Re: [tlug] Hard drive failure

On 10/26/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> About Dell also sending a new mother board to put in - I bought a used
> Dell GX-150 that died (mother board problem) 35 days after I bought it
> (with a 30-day warranty! - Did it have a timer in it?), which is the
> only Dell desktop I've had that out and out died on my like that.

I've had bad luck with Dell boxen and hardware failures. Which would
be fine, except that I have had *extremely* bad luck with their
customer service. So bad that I will never buy or recommend a Dell
again.

The only good thing about Dell, IMO, is that they place pricing
pressure on the other computer vendors, like IBM (who still makes
durable, dependable machines, AFAIK).

-Josh