Re: [tlug] Hard drive failure

aitux@example.com wrote:
> Hello, I would like to ask if someone knows a place in Tokyo maybe in akihabara,
> where I can take my hard drive and attempt to recover the data

I work for the Ontrack Japan division of Y-E Data, Inc.  We do data recovery.  Our lab is in Iruma, Saitama, about a 45-minute train ride from Ikebukuro.

If your hard drive still works, hook it up as a secondary HDD to a Windows (2000 or XP) machine, and try out EasyRecovery Professional data recovery software.  Do an AdvancedRecovery.  Use the Japanese version if you have Japanese file names on the drive.

Japanese: http://www.ontrack-japan.com/easyrecovery
English: http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery

Please contact me privately for more information, espcially if your drive doesn't work anymore.

Jim Blackson	blackson@example.com
Ontrack Japan / Y-E Data, Inc.
Tel: 04-2932-6365 / FAX: 04-2932-6370