Re: [tlug] SuSE 10

I also tried to install it this weekend.  Several comments to make:

1. Network install seems not to be working.  At the stage where you select packages for installation it cannot find anything.  I guess they forgot to put a definition file on the repository.

2. Network repository is a bit confusing.  Under the old structure things can be found easily under

suse/9.1
suse/9.2
suse/xxxx

now they also have opensuse but also suse/10.0

3. After downloading the CD images installation was ok on my new mini-itx epia.  However it locked up after a few minutes, my suspicion being its related to the frame buffer integrated graphic chips.  I finally dumped it and installed gentoo instead.

4. Interesting for me is Xen virtualisation v3.0.  Unfortunately I couldn't try it out.  Also according to the Xen website it hasn't reached 3.0 yet, so they must have included some kind of beta version.  I am currently trying to shift our  DMZ machines at the office to one hardware (3 into 1) using Xen as included in Suse 9.3.  So far it looks good, but I haven't put the install under any strain yet.

--

Patrick Niessen