Re: [tlug] XEmacs 21.4.15 and UTF8

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 09:33 +0900, Josh Glover wrote:
> On 10/7/05, Jake Morrison <jake_morrison@example.com> wrote:
>
> > I had the same problem, which I fixed by setting
> >    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> > in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
>
> The problem is that I do not own the Apache server. I will probably
> ask the server admin to allow .htaccess files, and set UTF-8 on a
> per-directory basis.
>
> That is, if I can convince XEmacs to use UTF-8 encoding.

If the meta date and the content type header are different you will have
bad result that will depend on the browser you view it with.  It is not
worth the time trying to work around this.  The other thing you could
try is to add the extension .utf8 to your files.  This will probably
work with a default apache install.
--
Edward Middleton <edwardmiddleton@example.com>