[tlug] GPS

Is there anyone on the list who is into handheld GPS? I am working on
a Google Maps hack, and I would like to be able to get precise GPS
coordinates for markers that I want to overlay on my map.

Does anyone have experience with a cheap GPS unit that they could
recommend? Linux compatibility is desirable if the unit even has a
computer interface, but I could certainly make do with just writing
the coordinates down when I am out in the field and entering them into
my XML file by hand when I am ready to put them on the map.

TIA,
Josh