Re: [tlug] Samba and smartcards

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 19:10 -0700, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> Googling gives me no indication so far as to whether this is actually
> possible or not, so I thought I'd see if anyone knows.
>
> Is it possible, on a *nix host running Samba, to join a Windows domain
> that uses smartcards with PINs for authentication/authorization?
>
> If it is, any howto links are appreciated.
Have you got anywhere with this?  While reading the Agenda for the
OpenCA workshop(1) I came across "Win Logon with Smartcards".   OpenCA
is a key management system based on OpenSSL & OpenSC. If you ask on the
user mailing list(2), if it is possible someone will be able to tell you
how.

1. http://www.openca.info/news/ws2005.html
2. http://www.openca.org/openca/mlists.shtml

Edward