Re: [tlug] GUI font tools

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> The point is not to grep Gentoo for Gentoo configuration, but to grep
> _other_ systems for Gentoo-style configuration.  You won't find any.
>
> Matt is talking about a cross-platform solution, and that will have to
> fit into Gentoo on Gentoo, of course, but it will also have to fit
> into defoma on Debian, etc, etc.  That is why it's hard.

Well put. BTW, I didn't abandon the discussion, just went away for 6
days w/o e-mail.

I should also emphasize that the main point of the project--assuming I
decide to go ahead with it--is to provide a nice interface for desktop
users. Gentoo configs, defoma, fontconfig, etc. ... all the
infrastructure facilities ... will be made to support the interface. Or
else.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, CO, USA