Re: [tlug] Linux Stalling Question

Hi David :)

Can you reproduce the "frozen" state on demand? I mean, is it completely
random, or you can say - "If I boot the mashine, do this and this, than
go for 4 min away for kofee and than I return a I am 100% sure the
system is frozen" ?

Are there more than one such situations?

Well, this at least is how I would start the hunt. :)

What proceses are running in that time? What is last thing in log?
(ie. /var/log/syslog )

Than maybe (depending on your situation - decide yourself pls.):
What if you write a script which writes to disk every say 20 s. ?
Still frozen?

Well, I hope that helps you :)

Best regards
Michal