[tlug] Need one more Unix admin.

Hi,

I need a Unix System Administrator for a full time position at
Amazon.co.jp.
Please find attached the Job Description.
Contact me  **OFF-LINE** for more details.

Thanks and sorry for the spam.

--
Mauro D. Sauco
Japan IT Manager

                      Job Description

|Job Code:|            |Level[i|5                |FLSA       |           |
|         |            |]:     |                 |Status[ii]:|           |
|Job      |System Admin|Job    |UNIX Systems Administrator               |
|Family:  |            |Title: |                                         |

Summary Description:
|Amazon.co.jp is seeking a Unix systems administrator who is proficient in|
|all aspects of system administration and engineering. Experience with a  |
|wide variety of systems (HP/UX, Tru64, Solaris) is preferred; however,   |
|this position is for a Linux administrator. This position supports       |
|customer-facing equipment and requires prior 24/7 production support     |
|experience. A successful candidate will have knowledge of TCP/IP         |
|networking, advanced performance analysis, Unix kernel architecture, Unix|
|security, and common network services. Ability to script in Perl, shell, |
|or C/C++ is highly desired. This position also requires strong           |
|interpersonal skills and a successful track record of coordinating and   |
|driving projects to completion. Need to be able to talk with native      |
|English speakers on technical topics.                                    |
|Responsibilities include: monitoring and maintaining critical systems;   |
|implementing highly available and efficient systems, including obtaining |
|an understanding of the applications running on the systems;             |
|participating in capacity planning reviews; owning projects, interacting |
|with vendors, customers and team members; and providing global on-call   |
|technical support and technical consultation to Amazon.com internal      |
|customers.                                                               |
|A degree in computer science or equivalent experience, as well as 3-5    |
|years of Unix systems administration/engineering, is required.           |

Essential Functions:
|  |% of    |Description of essential functions                           |
|  |Time    |                                                             |
|1 |30%     |Global SA -  support system in all sites by joining on-call  |
|  |        |or getting ticket by Remedy                                  |
|2 |30%     |Local SA - build local system, support local requests        |
|3 |10%     |Script/programming - make small change on script or program  |
|  |        |for quick problem resolving.                                 |
|4 |30%     |Local technical support - resolve end users' local problems  |
|  |        |such as on PC, printer, phone & etc. Support remote engineer |
|  |        |to resolve network and PBX problems in JP.                   |
|5 |        |                                                             |
|6 |        |                                                             |
|  |100%    |                                                             |

Essential Skills:
|  |Description                                                           |
|1 |UNIX system administration and engineering System administration, with|
|  |a wide variety of systems (Linux, HP/UX, Tru64, Solaris).             |
|2 |English - can communicate with native speakers fluently on technical  |
|  |topic                                                                 |
|3 |Script and programming in Perl, shell, or C/C++                       |
|4 |Basic knowledge on network                                            |
|5 |                                                                      |
|6 |                                                                      |

Key Competencies:
|  |Competency    |Description                                            |
|1 |Challenge     |Would like to challenge new/complicated system without |
|  |              |spending too long time to learn.                       |
|2 |Ownership     |Know what & how to do and can accomplish well without  |
|  |              |instruction every time. Do the best to resolve root    |
|  |              |cause of troubles as possible instead of just cooling  |
|  |              |them down.                                             |
|3 |Bias action   |Would like to take the works even not clearly belong to|
|  |              |his/her duty when necessary.                           |
|4 |Innovation    |Full of ideas to improve system, work procedure & etc. |
|5 |Accountable   |Accomplish delegated task on time as possible, or give |
|  |              |clear feedback on situation and reason.                |
|6 |              |                                                       |

Education:

|Required     |                       |Preferred   |Computer Science      |
|Degree       |                       |Degree      |                      |

Experience:
|Years of  |Description                                                   |
|Experience|                                                              |
|3-5       |Unix systems administration/engineering                       |
|          |                                                              |

Supervision:

|Exercised:|NO                                                            |

Special Physical Conditions/Requirements:

|Disabled person is also welcomed.                                        |

[i] Uvae President, Director, Manager - Technical, Manager - Non-Technical,
Sr. Individual Contributor - Technical, Sr. Individual Contributor - Non-
Technical, Mid Individual Contributor - Technical, Mid Individual
Contributor - Non-Technical, Entry Individual Contributor - Technical,
Entry Individual Contributor - Non-Technical, Tier III Nonexempt, Tier II
Nonexempt, Tier I Nonexempt
[ii] Exempt or non-exempt