Re: [tlug] Japanese regex question

On Thursday 25 August 2005 02:40, Tod McQuillin wrote:

> Just a guess -- have you given the 'i' flag (case insensitivity)
somehow?

Actually, now that you mention it, yes.  For reasons that are valid
(really, I promise) the application in question treats all regexes as
-i by default (and actually using the -i flag makes thing
case-sensitive, an inversion of the usual behavior).

Not sure if this is our problem, b/c there was no ASCII involved in the
strings that were matched, but I'll look into it.  Also looking into a
possible collision with euc-jp, etc.

Thanks,

Jonathan