Re: [tlug] Japanese regex question

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:01:55 -0700
Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> wrote:

> I'm baaaaaaack! :)
>
> Well, I'm still on admin but haven't had time to read the main list in
> too long.
>
> And of course, it was having an odd problem that dragged me back :)
>
> I have a basic regular expression targetted at raw iso-2022-jp text.
> The word I'm targetting is $Bec4e&5ecA(Band the regex is (?:
> \=25\=4A\=25\=73\=25\=51|\x25\x4A\x25\x73\x25\x51).

You sent UTF and my client doesn't handle it that's why the above is
mojibake, (I sent it to Mozilla and it reads fine).

I don't know how much experience you have with J-regex but the biggest
issue is anchoring. Because it's double byte you can't be sure you're
matching from the first byte of a character.

Can be sure that it is really matching the characters you think it is?

Brett