[tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?

  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:39:04 +0900
  • From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com>
  • Subject: Re: [tlug] Is WNN8 installed on my SuSE 9.3 machine?

    Joseph> But i wonder if WNN8 is even installed on my computer.

From what you say, surely it's installed.

AFAIK WNN8 is still implemented as a server process; there should be
a utility to query server status.  Try "man 8 jserver" for

crossreferences to such utilities.
I  apologize if i am starting a new thread.  All the previous TLUG messages have disappeared for some reason from Mozilla on my computer, which i am new to, but that's not what i'm posting about.

I'm responding to Stephen's message above.  I tried opening a terminal and typing in
"man 8 jserver" ,but the response given me was "no manual entry for jserver in section 8."

If that sounds like a problem--that WNN8 may not be installed--then please advise me about what to do. Otherwise, i will assume that WNN8 is in fact installed, and just live with its deficiencies.  I understood very little of Stephen's response unfortunately, i guess because i am an ultra-newbie, but i appreciate the help all the same.

About SuSE 9.3, there is an article in that same magazine in Japanese this month that concludes that files with Japanese file names are correctly displayed much more often in TurboLinux than in SuSE.  I have not had any trouble with that however.  All of the files i have received from Japanese--maybe about 20 so far--have displayed correctly.

Thanks,
Joe