Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] OT (sorta) A Langauge Question

On Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:02:42 +0900, "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Zev> In a multi kanji word, I can imagine that having furigana
>     Zev> helps you see what parts of the hiragana map to which kanji.
>     Zev> So it may not be all that redundant after all.
>
> Some kanji are beyond help.  Look up "ぐらす", for example.  :-)

Courtesy of edict.el...

塀を巡らす [へいをめぐらす] /(exp) to fence in/to surround with a wall/
張り巡らす [はりめぐらす] /(v5s) to stretch around/
巡らす [めぐらす] /(v5s) to enclose (with)/to surround (with)/to encircle/to think over/to work out/
思い巡らす [おもいめぐらす] /(v5s) to think over/

Dave