[tlug] mac-filter-tables

hi!
just a little question: when i've got my adsl-access, i got a wlan-
router with it. because of several reasons i deactivated encryption a
while ago (my gfs comp can only wep and my comp has always problems
with wep and likes only wpa as it seems). i do not want that someone
gets that easy access to my network, thus i hide the ssid and put on
a mac-filter.
today i saw that a strange ip tried to get access to my computer and
it seemed that it came from the lan and i found another strange ip in
the dhcp-logs - the interesting thing: the ip in the dhcp-log was .
100 but the dhcp-server starts to hand out addresses beginning from .
101. the belonging mac-address wasn't in the accepted mac-adresses.
now i put on encryption again (unfortunately wep128 with hex only...)
and the intruder seems to be away.
but how can someone bring in another computer when the mac-adresses
are filtered and he doesn't forge his mac?

thanks in advance

greetings

niels

--
"In the munich circus I was known as the incredible Nightcrawler"
X-Men2