UTF-8 and e-mail (Re: [tlug] Translating old to new kanji forms usingtr)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:28:07PM +0900, Brett Robson wrote:

> You should send Japanese email in
> ISO-2022-JP

I beg to differ. UTF-8 is by the definition the better option, and I
think everyone should at least consider updating their e-mail clients to
utf-8 capable ones. And utf-8 is likely to be the _only_ option if one
has to input both 日本語 and for example non-ascii latin characters
(e.g. äöü). I have to do this routinely.

--
Tapio Peltonen