Re: [tlug] Debian-101

Thanks for the suggestions ("apt-get install <program_name>" etc.).  I
went back and did a new install with the Net Install option and this
time did not neglect to hit the space bar to mark "Desktop" under
"Debian Software Selection".  It went in and it's working with Mozilla
and OpenOffice, but there are two disturbing aspects to the new install.

1) The resolution is insanely low - something like 600x400 by the looks
of it - how can that be adjusted up?

2) It defaults to Gnome!  Not being a Mac fan, I'm not really very
pleased with Gnome (no disrespect to those who like it)... how do I get
it to default to KDE?

Idiot-Lyle