Re: [tlug] Newbie buying a computer and installing Linux on it

Thanks for the map, Lyle.  Very nice map.

So i guess a good used desktop is going to be much cheaper than a good
new laptop.  Is that right?  By "good" i mean one that would meet my
needs (be easy to install on, reliable, etc.)  Looking at the ad you
pasted in here for me, it sounds like a good used desktop would be way
cheaper, in fact.  And i could find a "tried and true" machine for Linux
too, right?
Joe