Re: [tlug] Newbie buying a computer and installing Linux on it

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> But how hard is it to get an American keyboard on a laptop in Japan?
>  (And i'm leaning towards a laptop now).  I imagine one could order
> one new from a store here, but it would take extra long to get it.

Even with English OS, it's possible to set the layout to an English
keyboard.  Some of the markings will be wrong, but if you already know
how to touch type, that shouldn't be a problem.  The biggest problem is
the smaller space bar, but it can be gotten used to.  Also, *desktop*
English keyboards aren't all that hard to come by, so you could just
plug in an external keyboard for any type-intensive work you have to do.....

Lyle

--
The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
http://www.osdl.jp/