Re: [tlug] A semi-related question

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:06:23PM +0900, Uva Coder wrote:
> please don't.
> every new license creates work for those who want to use the code,
> because lawyers need to be consulted to verify that the license is
> indeed free. depending on how the license is written this could be easy,
> but it could also be very hard.
<snip>

For now the LGPL looks like it can do most of what I want, as long as the
application allows for the code to be compiled as a module
file/dll/whatever the OS uses (or the programer can do independant of the
OS).  It even allows for the version of the code that an individual is
dealing with to be re-released under the GPL if the person modifying the
code so wishes.

I am way ahead of myself by worrying about liscensing now.  I need to
learn more about coding first, but I have some projects in mind as my
skill eventualy grows. :-)

But for now, it was a good question, and it gave me an idea of what the
people on the list think. :)