[tlug] A semi-related question

This is not directly Linux related, but it is a question that is very
close to the core of the Linux world.

I have a question about Open Source/Free Software Licenses.

Is there a license out there that will allow all of the protections of the
GPL license with the exception that the work can be used as a part of a
larger work such that only the original licensed code must be under the
same license, but the rest of the project could be under another source,
or even "closed" source/non-free?

In explanation, since I know that was as much a tongue twister as many of
the licenses:

If you have a library, or even a file of source code that is used for
imaging, or network code, that file could be used in a larger project, or
linked in as a library.  Then the larger project could be released closed
source, or under another license, with the requirement that the open
source code that was used be included with it, under the original license.

The closest license I have seen to this thus far has been the OGL license.
For those who are not familiar with it (if any) OGL is the Open Gaming
License, released by Wizards of the coast.  It is geared towards RPG
books.

It is quite possible I may have already answered my own question, but I
will post the message anyway, as it may be of use to others on the list.
At the very least, it is something to contemplate.