Re: [tlug] A question about lists

<snip>
>opinion matters at least somewhat) is having a good time with your
> fellow geeks, "social" posts are generally considered on-topic for the
> list.
>
> The general rule of thumb is that since people can easily ignore  a
> thread, as long as you do not break threads or, even worse, hijack
> them, you should be OK. At worst, you might be asked to take the
> thread off-list.

Works for me.  That was my assumption, but I thought I would ask just to
be sure. :)

I suppose I should introduce myself.  My name is Kenneth, and I am a
Sailor based in Yokosuka.  I will be in Japan (when the ship is in port at
least) until 2007 at the earliest.  I hope to stay in the area on shore
duty after that.  I am a novice. Even as a novice though, I only really
use windows because of the games. :/

I like tinkering arround with Linux. :P  All in all it is very stable, but
there are so many ways to break it, just in the kernel alone. (actually, I
think that is where most of the ways to break it are.  Kernel compiles are
loads of fun! hehehe.)  Just because I can compile a kernel though,
doesn't mean I could tell you squat about what is in it, or make changes
if I had too. ^^;;