Re: [tlug] OT: laptop in Akihabara (map)

Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> When I was in Tokyo last year I prefered nearly always the shops in
> Shinjuku - everything on one compact place...
> but I forgot the exit...maybe someone can help...
> *argl - just half a year out of Tokyo and so much forgotten...*

There are electronics stores on both the east (Higashi-guchi) and west
(Nishi-guchi) sides, but I would hazard to guess you're thinking of the
west side - possibly Yodobashi Camera? But the map I made for Akihabara
is for a used shop. Also, it depends on what you're buying. I've found
hard drives and flash memory, for example, to be consistently cheaper in
Akihabara. The key to shopping in Akihabara is to know where to go of
course. In that sense, dropping by Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku as a
"one-stop" shopping trip might not be a bad idea, but that's for new
stuff only. I don't think there are used shops in Shinjuku - at least
I've never seen them. Are there any?

Lyle