[tlug] [tlug-digest] User kana-kanji dictionary in GNU Etmacs

I want to use emacs for my kanji entering, but I do not see any way of
adding a user dictionary. I want to have my own set of kanji that I use
all the time, such as historical names and technical term, in addition
to the entries in the main ja-dic.el file. Thanks to Chuck, I have a
much expanded ja-dic file, but for ease of maintenance, I would like to
have a file of my own kanji, which is merged with the main one.

I have tried, but I cannot plow my way through the elisp code that
controls the kanji conversion process (in the leim/quail/japanese.el
code). But, as far as I can tell, it does seem that there is no
provision for a user dictionary.

Anyone tried to do this? Or have any suggestions about adding a my own
additional dictionary in some way or another? I know that emacs is not
very good for writing real Japanese, but its quite handy for inserting a
few technical kanji into my notes.

David Riggs

Kyoto