Re: [tlug] Nero - Interesting?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>    Josh> Why any power user would sacrifice the flexibility that
>    Josh> knowing how to use mkisofs and cdrecord and friends affords,
>    Josh> just for a GUI, is beyond me.
>
>Most "power users" are just well-trained rodents.  They know how to
>push buttons in the right order, including the "record macro" button,
>but "theory of operations" is not part of the job description.
>
>There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it satisfies the person in
>question.  But it's a completely different zoo from the one I hang out
>in.

First and foremost I am interested in performance - and (ashamed to say)
ease of use is a factor due to time constraints.  I don't view myself as
a rodent, but neither do I like looking in the mirror.

About the term "power user" - I've never been very comfortable with that
term myself.  I have figured it has some slight meaning in the sense of
someone making their computer work for them and doing something with it
besides just e-mail, office aps and browsing.