Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Some interesting work.
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:21:03 +0900
- From: Patrick Niessen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Some interesting work.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:44:35 +0900, Uva Coder <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Well, I ran across these two sites and found them interesting. I > thought I'd share them. They both would make for interesting KuroBox > projects. ;) > > http://www.jaluna.com/ > http://www.pikeos.de/index.php?id=338&L=1 > Well as a recent VMWare GSX Server user I see the benefits of virtualisation for Servers, and to some extend for powerful Desktops, but considering the poor hardware spec of embedded devices I think the mentioned products/projects will mainly benefits OEMs who want to deliver the same hardware to customers who use different OSs (eg. deliver the same box to Sony and Philips, and Sony will put PocketPC OS on it, and Philips uses Symbian before selling it to consumers). I doubt it would be useful to run two or more OSs in parallel on an ARM or Motorolla processor on small devices .... The alternative approach is to just pick an existing free technology (=linux) and team up with your competitors to make this the standard low cost platform. I believe Docomo et al are trying something like this for cell phones. Patrick -- Patrick Niessen
- [tlug] Some interesting work.
- From: Uva Coder
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Kuro-Box
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Some interesting work.
- Previous by thread: [tlug] Some interesting work.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Some interesting work.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links