Re: [tlug] Connecting to Air H"

On Monday 10 January 2005 01:28, Batara Kesuma wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> After 3 days trying without any luck, at last I managed to borrow PCMCIA
> card from a friend. This card is a Honda Electron AH-G10. When I
> inserted it into the slot I could hear the double beep sound, and I have
> this in /var/log/syslog:
> Jan 10 01:18:27 localhost cardmgr[2902]: socket 0: Serial or Modem
> Jan 10 01:18:27 localhost cardmgr[2902]: executing: 'modprobe serial_cs'
> Jan 10 01:18:27 localhost cardmgr[2902]: executing: './serial start
> ttyS1'
> Jan 10 01:18:27 localhost kernel: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 10) is a
> 16550A
>
> It is also detected correctly by cardctl.
> storm:/proc# cardctl info
> PRODID_1="HONDA ELECTRON CO.,LTD"
> PRODID_2="AH-G10"
> PRODID_3=""
> PRODID_4=""
> MANFID=c036,001a
> FUNCID=2
>
> But when I tried to connect with wvdial, same thing happened. At first I
> tried to probe with wvdialconf. Here is the result.
> Port Scan<*1>: Scanning ttyS1 first, /dev/modem is a link to it.
> ttyS1<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- ERROR
> ttyS1<*1>: failed with 2400 baud, next try: 9600 baud
> ttyS1<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- ERROR
> ttyS1<*1>: failed with 9600 baud, next try: 115200 baud
> ttyS1<*1>: ATQ0 V1 E1 -- ERROR
> ttyS1<*1>: and failed too at 115200, giving up.
> Port Scan<*1>: S0   S2   S3   S4

I get similar to this. It seems ATZ and ATDT are the only commands understood.

> Then I just ignored the wvdialconf, and edited the conf file manually.
<snip>
> ATDT0570570724##64
> NO CARRIER

I've got no idea on the cause of this, unfortunately. I just use pppd with
chat that just does ATZ followed by ATDT and waits for CONNECT. The number I
use is 05705700611##61, but that is probably because I have a different
provider. However, I don't need to specify a username or password; to be more
specific they are both "prin". This seems to imply that the cards have an
embedded ID or somesuch that might be preventing you from establishing the
connection with your friend's card.

Sorry that I can't be of any more help than this. I'd suggest to keep bashing
away at your USB modem as it's probably the less troublesome route.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs