Re: [tlug] Japanese TV + Radio Tuner Card

Hi, Christopher. Thanks for replying.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:38:19 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 01:11:27AM -0800, Pawel Szymczykowski wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for recommendations on a TV and radio tuner card supported
> > under linux that would work in Japan.
>
> Anything that uses a Brooktree 8[47]8 chip will work fine.

That's for the linux part, I assume. How about tuning Japanese
stations? Would I be able to do that with a tuner card bought in the
USA, or is this referring to a Japanese tuner card with that chipset?

I did some more poking around in newsgroups after posting this and
found that though the channels line up at some points, the lower end
of the Japanese TV spectrum pokes through the top of the US FM
spectrum, so that several lower channels are inaccessible.

Then again, I've never worked with a tuner card under linux before..
are they flexible enough to adapt?

--
Pawel Szymczykowski