Re: [tlug] [OT] Emigration information

On 水, 2004-11-03 at 23:25 -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:36:43PM +0900, Shawn wrote:
>
> >Not to seemingly flame in response but based on exit polls it seems that
> >if you didn't have as much education as you do, that you would be more
> >likely not to feel that way.  So just forget what you learned and you
> >will be right at home.

Ignorance is bliss, eh? That's not the way I want to live.

> So you are apparently trying to say that there may be an inverse
> relationship between education and wisdom?  Well, stranger
> things have happened, to be sure.
>
> The United States has been saved from nothing less than disaster.

Well, I don't see it like that at all. Not that I think that Kerry would
have been such a great president, but I dread the assault on our civil
liberties, the isolation of the US in the world, the ruin of the
environment, and bankrupting of our economic system and social security
that is sure to come (or at least begin) in the next four years.

Anyway, thanks to the excellent practical advice from Stephen and Lyle,
but it looks like I'm doomed to spend the next 10 years or so here. My
kids absolutely refuse to move to Japan. (They say it's a nice place to
visit, but they wouldn't want to live there.) Until they're emancipated
I can't just do what _I_ want.

First thing to do now is increase my donation to the ACLU.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR