Re: [tlug] [OT] Emigration information

    Stuart> I have a PhD in statistics and measurement from the
    Stuart> University of Chicago. I taught English in Japan for 11
    Stuart> years; my last job was ضْ½جتع at a Japanese university.
BTW, by now most Japanese universities have a $B8xJg(B page.  I would
guess national research institutes do, too.  If you've got kids, I
strongly recommend my neck of the woods.  No worries about $B$$$8$a(B,
lots of open space, and despite probably the highest car/population
density in this country, small kids have a hard time _finding_ (let
alone getting killed on) the main roads because of an excellent
network of parks and pedestrian walks.  By the time you get here there
will be a fast train to Tokyo, too.

Alternatives are the "science cities" in Kobe and Nara.

With your qualifications you probably can get a relatively cushy (ie,
paid more than than your colleagues and exempt from stupid meetings)
"foreign instructor" job.  At national universities these are going
out of style and term-limited to two years with no renewal, which in
practice has meant indefinite employment under normal conditions but
they can fire you at any time for no reason.  Dunno at private
universities.

If you have any publications, you can definitely get that $B=u65http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp