Re: [tlug] /etc/hotplug/blacklist and Debian (sarge, sid)

On Wednesday 29 Sep 2004 13:04, Alessandro MantelliyHOBIBOXz wrote:
>Thanks for the reply, well indeed there's some modules to load
>about alsa and other stuffs on modules.conf. But, in the specific,
>I didn't put any OSS modules in my modules.conf, but
>they are loaded by hotplug during the boot even if
>they are in the blacklist.
>However thanks for the suggestion, I'll have a closer look to
>the default hotplug file.

Are you running kernel 2.6.x and do you have a /etc/modprobe.preload
file? They *may* be listed there. (My bttv driver has to be otherwise it
won't get loaded in Mandrake)

Wayne
--
The box said use with Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux