Re: [tlug] printer setup and config problem

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 19:34 +0900, Charles Muller wrote:
> I'm trying to get my HP Deskjet 955 working on Debian/Sarge/KDE3.2.
>
> Using the KDE printer setup applet, I got to the place where the
> location of the driver is requested, and not being able to find one on
> my system, I found an HP Linux driver package with instructions at
>
>   http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/install.php

hmmmm on my gentoo linux computer,
i have the hp-deskjet-955c in the list of the available printers....

from my personal experience:
when i first wanted to install a new printer, i only had 5-6 printers
available in the kde add-printer dialog.

but then i installed the foomatic packages, and now i have a lot
(hundreds?) of possible drivers offered.

do you have the foomatic packages installed?

gabor