[tlug] Linux with Shift Jis (using debian)

Hello,

All the files with filename in Japanese shared through samba cannot be
displayed
correctly. I think this is an encoding problem as my Debian machine is set
as jp_euc, while Windows is usually sticked to Sjis.
I tried a dpkg-reconfigure locales, but there is no such thing like
ja_JP.sjis
in the locales list.
Has anyone set a Sjis locale on linux or solved this filename problem in
other ways?

Best Regards
Alex