[tlug] unusual request for volunteer

Hi all... I wonder if some of the old-timers remember me here....
I used to come to meetings in the late 90s.  Since 1999 I've
been here in Salt Lake City, Utah, and believe it or not, it's
only fairly recently that I've become a full-time Linux user,
although I had toyed around for years, and even flirted with
NetBSD for a while :-)

My wife is spending several weeks in Japan now to take care of her sick
mother, and I made the mistake of sending her over with an old Toshiba
Tecra loaded with SuSE 9.1.  I had set it all up for her ahead of time,
including the ISP (ASAHI Net - my old employer :-), but she had a lot of
trouble, and even after spending quite a bit of time on the phone trying
to fix it, she is still unable to get connected.  Last I heard the
machine had hung and she had to hardware-reset it, which means the disk
(reiserfs) might be corrupted as well :-(

I wonder if anyone would be interested in volunteering to take a look at
this with her and see if they can get it fixed so she can get on-line.
I'm sure it would be a pretty trivial matter for one of you.  The trick
might be finding a place to meet where there's both wall power (the
thing has no battery) and an analog line.  Oh, and just to make it more
of a challenge, I took out the CD-ROM drive before she left, to lighten
the load :-/

Thanks much in advance to anyone willing to take this on :-) I can
mediate the arrangements as much as necessary.

Dave