[tlug] Kyocera AH-K3001V (Opera Browser!)

I helped a friend get set up with a new cell phone yesterday - a Kyocera
AH-K3001V (DDI).  It has the usual camera and telephone book instruction
guide, and... and... aaannnnddd... it can access regular webpages!  The
ones I've seen from other companies so far can open simplistic sites
designed for cell phones, but display a "Can't display" message for most
regular sites of more complicated design.  Is this Kyocera DDI ability
to view regular pages just an ordinary thing that all cell phones can do
now, or is it something unique?

It comes with the Opera Browser and what the box calls "PRiN - Provider
Included", which is nice for easy set up, but irritating as I would much
rather be able to just use the phone to make (cheap) calls to a server
and access the Internet more cheaply that way.

One thing I was disappointed to see is that this new model doesn't have
the jack that my old Kyocera has for the modem I've been using for years
with different DDI phones.  Apparently it works through the USB
connection it has, but my old laptops don't have USB....