[tlug] ImageMagic

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> Yep. Imagemagick is a great tool. Been using it for ages for batch
> processing images on the real-estate websites I manage, such as
> <plug type="shameless">http://www.perigord-property.com</plug>

I just used it for the first time last night and it is an
amazing tool!

Hopefully someone can suggest a better way to do what I am
doing though...

I'm creating a set of flash cards as a collection of .png
files.  To do this, I'm using OpenOffice to create the basic
page the cards are on, saving this as PostScript, converting
the PostScript to a big .png file and cutting the big .png
file into 10 smaller files.  The page is layed out like a
standard pre-formated business card sheet so I can make
printed cards as well.

The only way I see to do this is to copy the big .png into
10 .png files, then use the mography -crop to chop each page
down to the part I want.  Is there a way to just save the
area I'm interested in from the original file to a new file
rather than creating 10 big files then cropping each?  I
tried the -save, but it doesn't seem to work with this tool.

Thanks
Steve S.