Re: [tlug] mozilla

Hi Lyle

> I've had more problems with Thunderbird than Mozilla
> myself, I only
> tried the W version of Mozilla for testing purposes
> and have only used
> the Linux version of Thunderbird, which is a bit too
> similar to the
> hated Outlook for my tastes.  A bigger problem for
> me with Thunderbird
> though, is that it runs painfully slowly on my P-II
> 350MHz machine.....
>
> What specific problems did you have with Mozilla on
> MicroMuck and which
> version was it?
Mozilla was slow in starting up
With 1GB mem & 1.3Ghz , I found that surprising
But Also Netscape 7.1 was slow ....
Never found out why
Now I`ve Firefox 0.9.2 latest version along
with addons Adblock/SpoofStick etc and am very
happy with it

I migrated from Netscape Mailer to Thunderbird
and found no issues at all except for importing
old mail(but didn`t look into it much)

Disadvantage with Firewall is that you`ve to
uninstall the old version before installing the
new version