Re: [tlug] RHCE vs LPI

Hi Jonathan
jsut general comments !!

> When I'm reviewing resumes, I don't much care
> whether people have
> any certifications or not.  If you make it through
> triage and
> get called for an interview, we'll figure out
> whether you know
> what you're doing or not.  If you don't, you
> probably won't
> even get past the initial phone interview.

interview always answers every resume
We generally go by recommendations or introductions

> However, at my company it's not unusual for HR to
> see your resume
> only *after* the hiring decision has been made.
we don`t have any HR so we`re even luckier ;->
but we`re a tiny company!

> In *nix circles, I think Sun certifications still
> carry far more
> weight than RHCE or LPI, also.  But again, being a
> highly
> experienced Solaris admin carries far more weight
> than what
> Sun certs you may have.
My opinion of Sun is that it is going to be a dead
end .
I know that they`ve all their servers etc but I don`t
see any future in sun

> In summary, no experience plus an MCSE will get you
> an entry level
> job (maybe).  No experience plus an RHCE or LPI
> might get you
> an entry level job, but you'll lose out to MCSE
> holders in most
> cases.
I agree totally

> Now, if it really is just for fun, as you stated,
> and your primary
> motivation is to increase "formal" knowledge, then
> sure, go for it.
yes it is fun
But my wife wouldn`t understand that

> If it were me, I'd would prefer LPI or RHCE.
Thank for the great advise
I`ll look at LPI

best regards