Re: [tlug] CRM on Linux?

hi Jonathan Byrne Gerald

> A lot of of use .mutt_aliases, but we don't share it
> with
> anbody ;-)
a lot of people in my office might think that
mutt is the name of a dog ;->

> If you're looking for CRM software, the only one I
> know of
> for Linux is Compiere:
Looked at this but didn`t like it
I`ll look at it again

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/
>
> There could be others, CRM is not something I've
> looked at
> much; "the only one I know of" is not meant to imply
> "the only
> one there is."
>
> If you're more interested in groupware, there are
> any number of
> web-based solutions, just check http://freshmeat.net
> for
> an idea.

yes i went thru all these
The only ones that look decent for me were
horde and egroupware

> There is also Kolab: http://www.kolab.org/
thank youuuuuuuu
missed this
Will look at it
If i like it & install it ...I`ll report
it back to tlug

best regards

> One final comment I would make on the general state
> of CRM and
> groupware in Linux is that there are a ton of
> grouopware
> projects out there for Linux, but nearly all of them
> are
> web-based.  Kolab is one of the few that is not, and
> is
> possibly the only [Ff]ree one that is not.  At
> least, it's
> the only one I know of that is [Ff]ree and not
> web-based.
>
> I hope this gives you some idea of where to look and
> what to
> look at.
>
> Jonathan
> --
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
> Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714
> 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9
> Coffee always makes you feel happy
> You can be in the world of good taste When you bite
> it once

name=signature.asc