Re: [tlug] July Meeting

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

>>     Jim> I'll be in town that day. I'm at a kenkyukai the following
>>     Jim> day, so if I'm free I'll roll along to my first TLUG meeting
>>     Jim> in two years. My hosts may have something organized...
>>
>> Hey, that would be cool, I think I can make it too.

I hope I can. It'll be at BitCube in Shibuya? If my hosts at Gaidai line
up anything that day I won't be able to make it.

>> BTW, do you know anything about the nihongo version of Ken's book?

Not really. The UJIP one or the CJKVIP one?  I saw the Japanese version
of the former, mainly to confirm the translator had mangled my name.

>> If
>> the translation is OK, I'll probably grab it at our bookstore (just to
>> say I once found something worth buying there, amidst all the "Windows
>> For Dummies" -- do'h, like anybody else uses Windows? ;-) -- books).
>> Not to mention that it's the first book I ever found that was cheaper
>> at the bookstore in Japanese than it was at Amazon in English!

I've got a few O'Reillys lately, partly because my son works in a
bookshop and gets them at cost. I final bought Jeffrey Friedl's RegEx
one.

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554