[tlug] Television Card

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a television card for linux that works. I bought a
Connexant based card from Buffalo hoping that it'd work, but no go as
this model is not supported directly by the driver. A reasonable amount
of kernel hacking on my part resulted in a goose egg.

I then bought a LeadTek WinFast 2000 XP Expert card which is also
Connexant based (the Deluxe was BT878 based) which works in NA, but no
go here because of a different tuner (I think). I tried forcing usage of
different tuners (all the NTSC ones) but no luck.

Now before I go out a waste another small parcel of money on a card, has
anyone actually bought a tuner card recently that works under linux?
Note that bt878 cards, which are almost guaranteed to work, don't count
because no one seems to sell them anymore. All the cards I saw on two
trips to Akihabara were either Phillips, Connexant or even NEC based.

Thanks a bunch!

Neil