Re: [tlug] man pages (was Browser blues)

Quoth Viktor Pavlenko:

>> From: Josh Glover <tlug@example.com>
>> Date: 2004/06/08 Tue AM 09:24:35 EDT
>
>> Quoth Viktor Pavlenko (Tue 2004-06-08 09:13:07AM -0400):
>>
>> > You should have said `dyakuyu' instead :)
>>
>> Except that I speak exactly 0 words of Ukrainian (well, now I speak
>> one, thanks to you!) and I know that all Ukrainians born before 2000
>> or so speak Russian natively. :)
>
> Well my son, born in 1989, doesn't...

Good on you! I wholeheartedly support the efforts of the Ukrainian government
to revive the language! I assume your son was not born in the Ukraine, or at
least did not have his schooling there? I thought that Russian was still the
primary language in schools until just recently. Am I mistaken.

>> BTW, where is the accent on dya-ku-yu? I might as well pronounce it
>> correctly. :)
>
> It's on the first syllable. Also, there's no need to bow while you are
> saying it :)

Cheers. I enjoy Slavic languages immensely. I think it may have something to
do with being married to a Bulgarian... :)

> P.S. Apologies for posting from the mail client that doesn't respect
> message threading :(I know it's annoying)

Damn your eyes! Damn your britches! Damn your duck pond! [1]

Cheers,
Josh

[1] http://hem.passagen.se/dunsel/ba3-1.htm (search for "pond").

--
Josh Glover

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103