Re: [tlug] Wine and installing of Internet Explorer

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 09:23:19AM -0700, jeraldweinstein@example.com wrote:

>  Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com>
> wrote:
>

> >If you want something to run Windows applications on Linux then you're going
> >to need something which emulates the Windows API. WINE is one such solution.
> >Another is Crossover (non-free-as-in-beer-or-speech).
>
> I haven't tried with Crossover yet.  Is it Open Source (free?)
>
> I downloaded the plug-in once I think and I didn't pursue it after that.

Crossover is a non-free version of Wine and works a bit better. (That's
an over simplification, but gives you the idea).

You are allowed a 30 or 60 day free trial. Every so often I see if it's
ready to run two applications that I need for work, but so far, no luck.
:)

It's improving though. I was able to install one of them--it just didn't
run.

It costs around 60 dollars or so I think, I'm too lazy to look right
this second--for me, if it could run these two applications it'd be
worth it.

--

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: Ahhhh, my head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible.
Ah... God... I wish I was dead.