Re: [tlug] LinuxWorld (boring)

    MB> On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:56:51PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
    >> More interesting, one was running a prototype of the very
    >> pretty Looking Glass "3D" desktop.  Being able to "flip"
    >> applications over and take notes on the "back" of them is
    >> cute...

    MB> fascinating, this is a taste of what i was envisioning when
    MB> vrml became popular. a 3d world with your applications in
    MB> various rooms.  to use an application you would walk there...

    MB> what ever happened to vrml?
    MB> it was very promising, unfortunately machines where much to
    MB> slow at that time. they should be fast enough now, so it's
    MB> about time to make another atempt at revitalizing it...

And what happened to 3dwm? When I found it back in 2000 I was totally
fascinated. It could rotate you around so that you could see the walls
at that time but it was too slow, and too alpha.

Just checked, www.3dwm.org is not replying, the project was registered
on sourceforge on 2001-07-23 but has not released any files since
then...

--
Viktor