Re: [tlug] <Alt>+<F2>

    Josh> I am certainly not an ex-freepert either (only Steve Turnbull

I'm more "ex-" than "X11-" pert---what I know mostly is applicable to
X11R4 as well as to X11R6.6.

As for keyboard bondage, I'm a member of the Church of Emacs, so I'm
not exactly someone you can consult about "standard bindings".

It's really kind of funny; rms is so down on the Microsoft "monopoly"
because he can't have it his way.  But Lessigian "bovinity" (namely,
the tendency of people to cope with the implementation in front of
them rather than reconfigure, replace, or reject it) applies to Emacs
as much as anything else.  There's untold (because it's our dirty
little secret, you see ;-) brain damage in the Emacs UI simply because
rms decided to have it his way, and therefore everybody else gets to
have it his way, or be forced to carry their .emacs around with them
wherever they go.

Gates's monopoly power is only slightly greater than rms's for all
that the former's is guaranteed by the power of the signatories to the
Berne Convention, while the latter has deliberately renounced his
right to _legal_ enforcement.