Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
- Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 12:25:28 +0900
- From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
- References: <0376DB7A-A02F-11D8-A447-000393C48F0E@example.com>
- Organization: The XEmacs Project
- User-agent: Gnus/5.1006 (Gnus v5.10.6) XEmacs/21.4 (Portable Code, linux)
>>>>> "Graham" == Graham Briggs <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes: Graham> strangely the idea of low purchasing cost raises suspicion Graham> more than anything else. Depends on whether you are an admin first or a collector-of-salary first. Low purchasing cost -> the buck stops with the admin. In many organizations the admin is already made responsible for many things he doesn't really have the authority to fix. He doesn't want more. High purchasing cost -> the buck stops with purchasing and the vendor. Purchasing doesn't know squat and dealing with the vendor means bringing in Legal (or in this country your jinmyaku), who know things that are dangerously wrong. So effectively you have diluted responsibility to the point where nobody pays until the company goes under, and that's what political contributions are for preventing.... So you end up with a conspiracy of irresponsibility. -- Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp University of Tsukuba Tennodai 1-1-1 Tsukuba 305-8573 JAPAN Ask not how you can "do" free software business; ask what your business can "do for" free software.
- Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
- From: Graham Briggs
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] how to google...
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Is Linux Helping MS to make Windows better?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links